The End User Computing Standards Workgroup is one of several formal standing workgroups chartered by the University's Chief Technology Officer and reporting the the University's IT Architecture and Infrastructure Committee.
The workgroup's mission is to ensure coordination between campus users, IT Client Services (ITCS), and Endpoint Operations and Services (EOS) and other IT service providers in the design, delivery and evolution of end user computing (including the Berkeley Desktop service). The focus of the workgroup is primarily on institutionally owned computing resources and the campus IT services. The group will evaluate options for technology selection and recommend configurations when there is significant campus impact, such as decisions that will affect campus end user computing (such as Active Directory, BigFix, JAMF, etc.).
- Bill Allison, UCB CTO & ITAIC Co-Chair
- Patricia Donnelly, UCB ITAIC Co-Chair
- Dave Browne, IST - IS/Platform Services Director
- Jerry Yerardi, ITCS Director
- Laurie Graham, IST-EOS Manager
- Blaine Isbelle, IST-Platform Services Lead
- Alex Kim, IST-EOS EOS Team Lead
- Micah Bot-Miller, ITCS-Engineering
- Mark Stuhr, ITC Chair / voice of customer
- David Willson, OCIO/Strategic Technology Acquisition
- Jon Hays, IST / bConnected/Software Licensing & Distribution
Additional community participants:
- Owen McGrath, RTL / Student Computing @ Cal
- Eric Fraser, COE / EECS computing needs and preferences
Meeting schedule agendas, minutes from past meetings will live here.